PORES Job and Internship Board
For students interested in internships and careers in data analytics, please explore the new PORES job board! This resource utilizes the growing PORES alumni and professional network to gather opportunities for internships, fellowships, and jobs in one central place. We hope you can use these as a jumping off point for your job or internship search. Check back regularly as we will update it when we hear about new opportunities or organizations hiring.
Most of these organizations have a connection to PORES alumni, staff, or faculty. Please reach out to Andrew Arenge (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions about the PORES network and/or if you’d like additional support in your professional development.
Data Research Coordinator - Penn Program on Opinion Research and Election Studies
The Penn Program on Opinion Research and Election Studies (PORES) is an undergraduate research program committed to high-quality social research in the public interest on issues of national and international importance with a focus on data analytics. The Research Coordinator of Penn’s Program on Opinion Research and Election Studies (PORES) in the School of Arts and Science will support ongoing research projects by engaging in data collection and analysis, experiment design, and presentation preparation. The position will also provide teaching assistant support to data science courses offered through PORES. This position is a two-year term appointment.
Summer Associate - Data Analytics and Economic Research - Berkeley Research Group, LLC
The Summer Associate position is a temporary 8-week entry-level consulting staff position in Washington D.C. for the summer of 2023. This position requires a highly motivated problem solver with strong analytical ability and a desire to advance within the organization. The work of an Summer Associate can be either quantitative or qualitative in nature. Projects range from analysis of large datasets for economic, statistical, and financial modeling to industry and subject-matter empirical research.
Apply here: https://upenn.joinhandshake.com/stu/jobs/6846557
Research Coordinator - Penn Political Science Department
The research team of Dr. Daniel Hopkins is hiring a full-time Research Coordinator to serve as a data analyst and project manager for ongoing research projects. The individual will collaborate closely with Dr. Hopkins and staff members of PORES, the Institute on the Study of Citizens and Politics (ISCAP) and the Center for the Study of Ethnicity, Race, and Immigration (CSERI) to help run aspects of ongoing research projects. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) data coding and analysis, web scraping, survey data collection, conducting pilot interviews and exit polls, subject recruitment, reviewing relevant political and social science research, manuscript preparation, assistance with research administration, and preparing presentations about the research. This position is a one-year appointment, with the option of extending the appointment for an additional year by mutual agreement.
- All Hands: https://www.all-hands.us
- Applecart: https://www.applecart.co/careers
- Ballast Research: https://www.ballastresearch.com/careers/
- BallotReady: https://about.ballotready.org/careers
- BlueLabs: https://bluelabs.com/who-we-are/careers/
- Blue Rose Research: https://boards.greenhouse.io/blueroseresearch
- City of Philadelphia (keyword “data””): https://www.phila.gov/jobs/#/?search=data
- Civis: https://www.civisanalytics.com/careers/
- Clarity Campaign Labs: https://www.claritycampaigns.com/careers
- Cook Political Report: https://cookpolitical.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers
- Decision Desk HQ: https://www.linkedin.com/company/decisiondeskhq/jobs/
- Global Strategy Group: https://globalstrategygroup.com/careers/
- ORB International: https://orb-international.com/contact/#opportunities
- Pew Research Center: https://www.pewresearch.org/about/careers/
- Progressive Data Jobs: https://www.progressivedatajobs.org/
If your organization would like to be included on this list, or if you have specific positions to promote, please email email@example.com.
We also highly recommend utilizing these other resources available to Penn students:
- Career Services offers comprehensive support for everything from 1:1 advising to workshops and beyond. Find more information here:https://careerservices.upenn.edu/channels/student/
- Penn in Washington (PiW) has a weekly newsletter with internship and job postings focused on public sector positions, as well as resources on what to expect working in Washington D.C. and networking. https://www.piw.sas.upenn.edu/resources/
- The Center for Undergraduate Research & Fellowships (CURF) provides support to students exploring research and fellowship opportunities throughout the academic year and over the summer. More information here: https://www.curf.upenn.edu/