PORES Job and Internship Board
For students interested in internships and careers in data analytics, please explore the new PORES job board! This resource utilizes the growing PORES alumni and professional network to gather opportunities for internships, fellowships, and jobs in one central place. We hope you can use these as a jumping off point for your job or internship search. Check back regularly as we will update it when we hear about new opportunities or organizations hiring.
Most of these organizations have a connection to PORES alumni, staff, or faculty. Please reach out to Andrew Arenge (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions about the PORES network and/or if you’d like additional support in your professional development.
Policy Analyst, Elections Project - Bipartisan Policy Center
The Bipartisan Policy Center is hiring a policy analytis whowill play a central role in the development and implementation of the Election Project’s research and advocacy priorities. This analyst role is new; it will include existing priorities of the Elections Project and will be focused on a new effort focused on recruitment, retention, and training within the election administration workforce.
Empirical Research Fellowship - Stanford Law School
Stanford Law School is hiring full-time fellows to assist with policy-relevant research in empirical social science, starting in summer 2024. The one-year fellowships are designed for graduating seniors and sets students up for a future in graduate school, law school, and/or business school.
Data Visualization Associate - Normington Petts & Associates
Normington Petts, a polling firm located in Washington, D.C. is hiring a full-time associate of data visualization. Associates are responsible for data visualization including maps, tables, and slide decks, and report directly to the Director of Research.
Data Analyst - VoteShield
VoteShield, a cyber security platform created by the nonpartisan nonprofit Protect Democracy, is hiring multiple data analysts to its analaysis and engineering team team. The position will be focused on analyzing voter registration data and working with election administrators as part of VoteShield's broader goal to monitor voter registration databases and pinpoint anomalies and malicious activity. Data analysts will be expected to conduct independent research and analysis and summarize findings in written reports and presentations. The position is remote, with opportunities to join shared workspaces. Applications are rolling.
- All Hands: https://www.all-hands.us
- Applecart: https://www.applecart.co/careers
- Ballast Research: https://www.ballastresearch.com/careers/
- BallotReady: https://about.ballotready.org/careers
- BlueLabs: https://bluelabs.com/who-we-are/careers/
- Blue Rose Research: https://boards.greenhouse.io/blueroseresearch
- City of Philadelphia (keyword “data””): https://www.phila.gov/jobs/#/?search=data
- Civis: https://www.civisanalytics.com/careers/
- Clarity Campaign Labs: https://www.claritycampaigns.com/careers
- Cook Political Report: https://cookpolitical.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers
- Decision Desk HQ: https://www.linkedin.com/company/decisiondeskhq/jobs/
- Global Strategy Group: https://globalstrategygroup.com/careers/
- ORB International: https://orb-international.com/contact/#opportunities
- Pew Research Center: https://www.pewresearch.org/about/careers/
- Progressive Data Jobs: https://www.progressivedatajobs.org/
If your organization would like to be included on this list, or if you have specific positions to promote, please email email@example.com.
We also highly recommend utilizing these other resources available to Penn students:
- Career Services offers comprehensive support for everything from 1:1 advising to workshops and beyond. Find more information here:https://careerservices.upenn.edu/channels/student/
- Penn in Washington (PiW) has a weekly newsletter with internship and job postings focused on public sector positions, as well as resources on what to expect working in Washington D.C. and networking. https://www.piw.sas.upenn.edu/resources/
- The Center for Undergraduate Research & Fellowships (CURF) provides support to students exploring research and fellowship opportunities throughout the academic year and over the summer. More information here: https://www.curf.upenn.edu/